The Mettle is our much loved but often abused bike of choice that lives its life covered in mud and used for taking on all-day epics in the mountains, uplift days, or just thrashing around. A true workhorse designed to take it all and keep on coming back for more. It’s widely become the bike of choice for riders that want to spend more time riding, less time faffing and it’s just got even better.
Slacker Head Tube Angle | Steeper Seat Tube Angle | Longer Reach on all sizes.
‘What does this mean?’ We hear your screaming at your computer. We don’t believe in change for change's sake, but if we can make a change for the better, we will. Here’s how it helps you…
As a combined package all three geometry changes mean that our sat downsizing (effective top tube length) remains almost identical to the previous generation Mettle, yet your mass is more central and balanced between the wheels. But the stood up, foot out, berm slapping sizing – the kind of riding you’d buy this bike for – is more confident and ready to get loose when you are, simple.
In Store Demo Bike available! test Ride me today, We are located two minutes from the end of the Southdowns’ way and 10 minutes from Friston forest.
• 6000 Series Alloy frame - Mettle = Metal. Be weird if it wasn't, right?
• Horst Link Suspension – The Mettle is built around a proven Horst link suspension platform, it works, simple. It let us tune the kinematics to provide progression deep into the travel, low pedal kickback and optimised anti squat figures for pedal efficiency.
• Metric Shock – Designed around Metric 230x60mm shocks early on, we were a first adopter of this superior technology. We also use bearing mount shocks for extra suppleness off the top.
• Proper Sealed Bearings – Chunky 6902 bearings in every pivot. Reliability is key.
• ‘Anyone got a 5mm?’ – Every hardware bolt on the frame uses a 5mm hex key. Who needs multitools anymore!?
• Practical Tyre Clearance – Designed and tested in the UK, there’s mud, lots of it.
• Boost axle spacing – 148mm back end for stiff wheeled goodness.
• Low Stand over – Thank us later.
• Tapered Headtube – Run a zero stack headset for a fully slammed set up. ZS44 Upper ZS56 Lower.
• Threaded BB and ISCG 05 tabs – Remember pressfit? We’ve NEVER put it on a frame because threaded is better.
• Bonus water bottle mount – Drink Water
Mettle R Specifications - Bronze
Fork - Rock Shox Yari RC 170mm 37mm Offset
Shock - Rock Shox Super Deluxe Ultimate
Brakes - Sram Guide T
Brake Rotors - SRAM Centreline 200/180mm
Chain - SRAM NX Eagle 12 Speed
Chain Device - MRP 1x CS
Crankset - SRAM X1 Eagle 170mm DUB 34t
Bottom Bracket - SRAM DUB
Cassette - SRAM SX Eagle 11-50t 12 Speed
Rear Mech - SRAM NX Eagle 12 Speed
Gear Cable - Fibrax
Shifter - SRAM NX Eagle 12 Speed
Stem - Gusset S2 40mm
Handlebars - Gusset S2 20mm
Headset Upper - Gusset S2
Headset Lower - Gusset S2
Grips - Gusset S2 lock on Black
Saddle - Gusset S2 AM
Seatpost - KS e30i 150mm
Seat Clamp - Gusset Clench
Inner Tubes - Halo Tubeless valves and Sealant
Front Tyre - Schwalbe Magic Mary Addix Soft Snake Skin 2.35
Rear Tyre - Schwalbe Hans Dampf Addix Soft Snake Skin 2.35
Front Wheel - Halo Ridgeline
Rear Wheel - Halo Ridgeline
Mettle RC Upgrades
Rear Shock-Rock Shox Super Deluxe RC3 Ultimate
Fork- MRP Raven
Rear - Derailleur Shimano XT
Gear - Levers RH Shimano XT 12 Speed
Chain - Shimano XT
Crankset - Shimano XT 170mm 34t Boost
Cassette - Shimano XT 11-51t
Bottom - Bracket New XT/SLX BB-MT800
Brakes - Shimano XT 4 Pot 203mm front rotor, 180mm rear
Wheels - Halo Vortex 27.5 Boost
Mettle RCX Upgrades
Fork - MRP Ribbon Air 170mm 39mm Offset
Handlebar - Renthal Fatbar 35 Carbon
Stem Rentha - Apex 35mm 40mm
Grips - Renthal Traction Lock On Ultra Tacky
Seatpost - SRAM Reverb 1x 150mm
Rear Derailleur - SRAM XO1 Eagle
Gear Levers - SRAM XO1 Eagle
Chain - SRAM XO1
Crankset - SRAM Descendant Carbon 170mm DUB 34t
Cassette - SRAM XO1 Eagle 10-50t
Brakes - SRAM Code R