The Mettle is our much loved but often abused bike of choice that lives its life covered in mud and used for taking on all-day epics in the mountains, uplift days, or just thrashing around. A true workhorse designed to take it all and keep on coming back for more. It’s widely become the bike of choice for riders that want to spend more time riding, less time faffing and it’s just got even better.
Slacker Head Tube Angle | Steeper Seat Tube Angle | Longer Reach on all sizes.
‘What does this mean?’ We hear your screaming at your computer. We don’t believe in change for change's sake, but if we can make a change for the better, we will. Here’s how it helps you…
As a combined package all three geometry changes mean that our sat downsizing (effective top tube length) remains almost identical to the previous generation Mettle, yet your mass is more central and balanced between the wheels. But the stood up, foot out, berm slapping sizing – the kind of riding you’d buy this bike for – is more confident and ready to get loose when you are, simple.
• 6000 Series Alloy frame - Mettle = Metal. Be weird if it wasn't, right?
• Horst Link Suspension – The Mettle is built around a proven Horst link suspension platform, it works, simple. It let us tune the kinematics to provide progression deep into the travel, low pedal kickback and optimized anti-squat figures for pedal efficiency.
• Metric Shock – Designed around Metric 230x60mm shocks early on, we were a first adopter of this superior technology. We also use bearing mount shocks for extra suppleness off the top.
• Proper Sealed Bearings – Chunky 6902 bearings in every pivot. Reliability is key.
• ‘Anyone got a 5mm?’ – Every hardware bolt on the frame uses a 5mm hex key. Who needs multitools anymore!?
• Practical Tyre Clearance – Designed and tested in the UK, there’s mud, lots of it.
• Boost axle spacing – 148mm back end for stiff wheeled goodness.
• Low Standover – Thank us later.
• Tapered Headtube – Run a zero-stack headset for a fully slammed set up. ZS44 Upper ZS56 Lower.
• Threaded BB and ISCG 05 tabs – Remember press-fit? We’ve NEVER put it on a frame because threaded is better.
• Bonus water bottle mount – Drink Water
Mettle Rc Specifications - Blue
Fork - MRP Raven
Shock - Shock-Rock Shox Super Deluxe RC3 Ultimate
Brakes - Shimano XT 4 Pot 203mm front rotor, 180mm rear
Chain - Derailleur Shimano XT 12 Speed
Chain Device - MRP 1x CS
Crankset - Shimano XT 170mm 34t Boost
Bottom - Bracket New XT/SLX BB-MT800
Cassette - Shimano XT 11-51t
Derailleur Shimano XT
Gear Cable - Fibrax
Shifter - Levers RH Shimano XT 12 Speed
Stem - Gusset S2 40mm
Handlebars - Gusset S2 20mm
Headset Upper - Gusset S2
Headset Lower - Gusset S2
Grips - Gusset S2 lock on Black
Saddle - Gusset S2 AM
Seatpost - KS e30i 150mm
Seat Clamp - Gusset Clench
Inner Tubes - Halo Tubeless valves and Sealant
Front Tyre - Schwalbe Magic Mary Addix Soft Snake Skin 2.35
Rear Tyre - Schwalbe Hans Dampf Addix Soft Snake Skin 2.35
Wheels - Halo Vortex 27.5 Boost