The Scout takes you back to minimal fuss, raw mountain biking. It will sharpen your skills, forcing you to read the trail ahead, seeking out the best lines to stay smooth and carry speed. Whether it’s embracing your spirit of adventure or attacking the trail, the Scout 290 Comp is designed as a do-it-all hardtail.
Versatility is the name of the game and Its low bottom bracket, slack head angle and stiff frame allow you to tackle anything that you come across; explore endless singletrack, session the pump track or rail berms and hit jumps in the bike park. In the right hands, the Scout 290 Comp is robust and versatile enough to provide comfort for longer XC rides, yet supple and confidence inspiring enough to tackle steep, rough and technical Enduro trails with ease.
Whichever wheel size you choose, Nukeproof guarantee you will enjoy every second of your ride, so get out and explore nature's playground.
Updated with longer geometry to accommodate even the tallest of riders, Nukeproof's engineers took the opportunity to soften the ride with a profile seat stay assembly offering more compliance without compromising the torsional stiffness of the frame under pedalling.
Paired with the new ‘Boost 148’ rear axle spacing, helping build a stronger, stiffer wheel, the acceleration of the new Scout 290 Sport has been notably improved as well as allowing additional tyre clearance for up to 2.5” tyres on 29” wheels. (Note: Can be fitted with up to 2.8” tyres on 27.5+” wheels).
The 2022 Nukeproof Scout range has been officially launched but none are due to be available until June 2022 at earliest and the Comp model not until October 2022 due to Shimano shortages.
The 2020 Nukeproof Scout Pro is sold out for 2021, You can find the new model here
Material: Hydroformed 6061 Triple-Butted Aluminium
Fork Travel: 130mm (140mm PRO)
Axle to Crown: 542mm
Fork Offset: 46mm
Wheels Size: 29"
Max Tyre Size: 2.6"
Headtube: 44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated
Headset: ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8
Seatpost: 31.6mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)
Seat Clamp: 34.9mm
BB: Threaded 73mm BSA
Rear Hub: Boost 148x12mm
Rear Axle: M12*1.75 Thread x174mm (Thread Length 20mm)
Chain Guide: ISCG05
Brake Mount: 160mm Direct Post
Protection: Kevlar Chainstay Protector
• Frame: Nukeproof Scout 290, custom triple butted hydro-formed Alloy, internal cable routing for dropper seat posts, ISCG 05 mount, threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, Includes Kevlar chainstay protector
• Fork: Marzocchi Bomber Z2, 130mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, RAIL Damper, Gloss Black (SHORT ID: D6SY)
• Front Wheel: Sun RIngle Duroc 35 Comp 29", 15x110mm
• Rear Wheel: Sun RIngle Duroc 35 Comp 29", Shimano Microspline freehub, 148x12mm
• Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29" x 2.5” WT, Maxx Terra, EXO, TR/ Rear: Maxxis Dissector 29" x 2.4” WT, Maxx Terra EXO+, TR,
• Crankset: Shimano Deore M6100 12 Speed Crank, 170mm, 30T, 52mm Chainline
• Shifter: Shimano Deore M6100-IR, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV
• Rear Deraileur: Shimano Deore M6100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus
• Chain: Shimano Deore M6100 12-Speed
• Cassette: Shimano Deore M6100 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T
• Brakes: Shimano Deore M6120 4 pot brake, Resin Pads
• Front Rotor: Shimano SM-RT66, 203mm
• Rear Rotor: Shimano SM-RT66, 180mm
• Handlebars: Nukeproof Neutron V2 25mm Rise, Width - M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
• Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black
• Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron, Black
• Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal, 31.6mm, M:150mm drop; L/XL: 170mm Drop
• Headset: Nukeproof Warhead, 44-56 IITS
• Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
• Weight: 13.47kgs/29.6lbs (Tubeless)