This is a Limited Edition Hazzard Racing spec of the Alpine 6. It is the same specification that the team members are running this season, featuring suspension components from Formula, Cockpit set-up from One Up and some stunning silver anodozed Hope Tech goodies to finish this ultimate package.
There is also a Limited Edition Switch 6 Hazzard mixed wheel 29/27.5 model - just to really throw a curveball!
The Challenge: How do we endeavour to update a bike whose legion of fans don't want us to change anything?
The answer? Like everything we do, is with great care, passion and a stack of test feedback.
The new Alpine 6 Hazzard has been through possibly the most extensive prototyping programs we've ever undertaken – the result is truly spectacular.
With the introduction of the 230mm metric shock, we have revised the suspension layout to increase the rear travel. We've also tuned the frame to be more progressive to retain a bottomless feel and provide increased smoothness over small bumps, flirting with that fine line that keeps wallow at bay and gives the Alpine 6 Hazzard all the control it needs.
We've also thrown geometry under the microscope and refined it to match the new suspension performance, resulting in superb agility, stability and confident speed.
When you are lucky enough to come upon one of those unholy beasts of a trail, the Alpine 6 Hazzard is the bike to take it on with everything you've got and tame it.
Why the Alpine 6 Hazzard?
- Brand New monocoque 6061-T6 aluminium frame
- Designed and built in Britain
- 5 year frame warranty with Limited Lifetime Crash Replacement
- Unique Single-pivot suspension for optimum performance, efficiency and reliability
- New Radically revised, more progressive frame suspension layout with 230x65mm metric shock
- New Reworked Alpine geometry for confidence, speed and stability
- New 170mm Front/165mm rear travel
- Hazzard Spec Formula Suspension package selected by Joe Barnes
- One Up Cockpit components
- New Frame Bottle Bosses
- Boost 148 rear hub spacing
- Available in 5 model specs: S, Pro, RS, Factory and XTR
- Bike Builder: Component upgrades available and a choice of special Hazzard Racing colourway
Specs & Options
Sizes & Colours
Sizes - S,M,L,XL,XXL
Colour - Cosmic White
Frame & Forks
6061-T6 Monocoque UK Formed Custom Aluminium Tubing. Wheel Size: 27.5. Rear wheel travel: 165.
Swingarms - Bolt Type Allen Key Head (Boost 148mm Hub)
Rear Shocks - Formula Coil 230x65
Headsets - Hope Silver - 49mm for Tapered Steerer
Forks - Formula Selva S 170mm 27.5
Chains - Shimano XT 12spd
Shifters - Shimano XT 12spd
Cassettes - Shimano XT 10-51T
Chain Device - OneUp Bash Guide ISCG05
Bottom Brackets - Hope 30mm Silver
Chainsets - Hope Silver 34t
Rear Mech - Shimano XT 12spd
Wheel & Tyres
Wheelset - sHope Fortus on Hope Pro 4 silver 27.5
Tyres - Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.35 SG US / Hans Dampf 2.35 SG S 27.5
Rim Decals - Standard Rim Decals
Brakes - Hope Tech 3 V4 Silver 203/180
Saddles - Gusset S2 SM
Handlebars - OneUp Carbon Bar 800mmx20mm
Grips - Gusset Black
Seatposts - OneUp Dropper Post V2 180mm
Seat Clamps - Hope Bolted Silver
Stems - OneUp Stem Black 35mm