In 2016, TRP began working with reigning world cup champion Aaron Gwin. Out of the gate, he was impressed with the initial level of performance, but he did have a list of improvements needed to achieve world cup winning performance.
Working closely with the TRP development team, improvements were made to every part of the brake necessary. They were then tested on the world cup circuit throughout the season. The result is G-Spec, Aaron asked and we delivered every detail. We then carried these changes over to our Slate trail brake.
The G-Spec Slate is made from cast aluminum that has been given a sleek painted silver finish. It features the new dimpled and drilled lever blade designed by Aaron Gwin. The four piston design utilizes two different diameter pistons for excellent modulation during braking. Riders will also find four hybrid pistons (Composite/ Stainless) for improved heat dissipation, tool free indexed reach adjust, and a top loading caliper
• Four piston mineral oil brake
• Hybrid pistons (Composite/ Stainless)
• Top loading semi-metallic pads
• Tool free indexed reach adjust
• Adjustable banjo fitting for optimal hose routing
• Split hinged handlebar clamp
• I-Spec b, I-Spec ll (XT and XTR only) and matchmaker compatible with TRP adapter
• Weight: 285g (Front)