The Challenge: How do we endeavour to update a bike whose legion of fans don't want us to change anything?
The answer? Like everything we do, is with great care, passion and a stack of test feedback.
The new Alpine 6 S has been through possibly the most extensive prototyping programs we've ever undertaken – the result is truly spectacular.
With the introduction of the 230mm metric shock, we have revised the suspension layout to increase the rear travel. We've also tuned the frame to be more progressive to retain a bottomless feel and provide increased smoothness over small bumps, flirting with that fine line that keeps wallow at bay and gives the Alpine 6 S all the control it needs.
We've also thrown geometry under the microscope and refined it to match the new suspension performance, resulting in superb agility, stability and confident speed.
When you are lucky enough to come upon one of those unholy beasts of a trail, the Alpine 6 S is the bike to take it on with everything you've got and tame it.
Why the Alpine 6 S?
- Brand New monocoque 6061-T6 aluminium frame
- Designed and built in Britain
- 5 year frame warranty with Limited Lifetime Crash Replacement
- Unique Single-pivot suspension for optimum performance, efficiency and reliability
- New Radically revised, more progressive frame suspension layout with 230x65mm metric shock
- New Reworked Alpine geometry for confidence, speed and stability
- New 170mm Front/165mm rear travel
- New Frame Bottle Bosses
- Boost 148 rear hub spacing
- Bike Builder: Component upgrades available
Frame - 6061-T6 Monocoque UK Formed Custom Aluminium Tubing. Wheel Size: 27.5. Rear wheel travel: 165.
Swingarms - Bolt Type Allen Key Head (Boost 148mm Hub)
Rear Shocks - RockShox Super Deluxe Select + 230x65
Headsets - Cane Creek 49mm For Tapered Steerer
Forks - RockShox Yari RC 170mm 27.5
Chains - SRAM SX Eagle
Shifter - SRAM SX Eagle
Cassette - SRAM SX Eagle 1210 11-50T
Chain Device - Not Included
Bottom Brackets - SRAM DUB
Chainset - SRAM SX Eagle 32t
Rear Mech - SRAM SX Eagle 12spd
Wheelsets - WTB ST Light i30 on Strange Pro 27
Tyres - Maxxis DHR II 2.4 Exo TR 27.5
Rim Decals - Standard Rim Decals
Brakes - Shimano Deore 6100 203/180
Saddle - WTB Silverado Sport
Handlebar - Race Face Chester Stealth 780mm
Grips - Strange 130 Single Lock-On Black
Seatpost - SDG Tellis 150mm
Seat Clamps - Strange Bolted
Stem - Race Face Chester M35 x 40mm